Thursday, October 11, 2007

Cheap Football Shirts Needed Please

By Thomas Baugh Platinum Quality Author



Cheap football shirts should be everywhere, but they’re not because clubs refuse to lower their prices. I’m of the opinion however that this should be something they consider, as when you think about the value you get out of them, it’s actually not that great.


I buy my clubs home football shirt every couple of seasons and pay the standard forty quid, which by any stretch of the imagination isn’t cheap. However, as a season ticket holder I probably get my wear out of it, as I’m more or less guaranteed to pull it on at least forty or fifty times before it’s no longer current.


That doesn’t sound too bad really but the thing that gets my goat is away shirts. Why should football teams be allowed to sell shirts that they might only wear once or twice over the course of a season for forty quid? It’s just ridiculous.


Away shirts should be cheap football shirts, simple as that. I think a fair price would be thirty quid for adults and twenty for kids. That’s currently a tenner cheaper than most retail for.


I mean, how many kids beg for these shirts every year and then refuse to wear them after what seems a couple of months because they’re no longer current? Even die hard fans that go to every match, home and away can only expect to be showing the right colours on the odd occasion.


Maybe I’m just mad to think that in this day in age when everything in football is geared towards business, that some of the clubs might give us a break and sell football shirts for a fraction cheaper.


What’s even more painful is if you’ve got a naff manufacturer. I mean, if you’re shopping for sports clothes you wouldn’t pay the same price for a Jako sports shirt (that’s a real make) as you would a Nike one would you? So why just because they have a couple of badges on should this be the case?








Thomas Baugh writes articles for a site that reviews and discusses football shirts and then approaches manufacturers to ensure they think about the views of fans.


0 comments: